Sherborne House School first began on January 19th 1933 with three staff and one pupil! The school was founded by Mrs Eva Wise who, with her daughter Miss Dorothy Wise, ran the school during its first 51 years.
The only interruption during this time occurred when the Wise family decided to move the school to Somerset for one term in 1940 to escape the relentless bombing of Southampton during the Second World War.
Over the years the school has grown from its humble beginnings in 1933 and now offers educational opportunities to boys and girls from 3 to 11 years.
The school offers a happy, purposeful environment where boys and girls are encouraged to rise to the academic, creative, sporting and social challenges supported by caring staff.
The school has an excellent examination and scholarship record, results in the KS2 National Tests are extremely impressive, with a high proportion of the children achieving the higher Level 5, putting us among the top prep schools in the country.